Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Indian summer interlude

I don’t sunburn (except on my nose, a distressing new development). I tan. And there is no better evidence of the beautiful, hot days last weekend than my stunning and enduring TOMS tan line. Lookin good.


In other news, just busted out my first essays of the term: a report to PM David Cameron on the Scottish devolution/independence issue, and an essay on the role of the European Court of Justice in the integration of the EU. I feel rather isolated from US news; basically, I only know what goes on in US politics based on twitter updates from @nytimes and @barackobama and from scanning the key stories written up in the Guardian. 

typical studying aka taking gratuitous photos of myself
PS that's my second cup of tea...at 11am.

For the past two weeks I’ve been going to the young adult bible study-like night at my local church, and tonight I got into a really interesting discussion with some of the girls about how no one in the UK thinks of studying abroad while at uni because they have Europe literally at their doorstep. This, combined with my afternoon spent looking into my Geneva program next term, has me feeling incredibly grateful and blessed for this opportunity, for this year abroad. I feel like my worldview has already expanded tenfold and I’ve been here just a month.
So thanks mom and dad and everyone for helping make this happen. It’s incredible, and I’m excited to be here every single day. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment